Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bea's Birthday: The Outfit

I really wanted Bea to wear a tutu on her birthday. It looks so girly and cute, kaya lang when I inquired online, grabe, ang mahal! Way over budget.

Hindi naman ako papatalo, kaya I researched online on how to make a tutu. Eh ang dali-dali lang naman pala. Kayang-kaya! So when I went to Divi, inuna ko na bumili ng tulle. It cost P30 per yard. I bought 2 yards each color (aqua blue, lime green and lavender). I wanted it to be fluffy kaya dinamihan ko na. Yun lang over sa dami, ang daming sobra as in, I was able to make another tutu pa sa blue tulle, di ko pa nagagawa yung sobra sa lavender and green. (See? I told you over sa dami.)
Okay, let's go to the how to make your own tutu part. This is easy! You don't even have to use a sewing machine for this.

First, measure your baby's waistline, then subtract 2 inches from it. Sounds drastic? Haha! Kala ko din nung una baka sumikip masyado, but it's true. Luluwag kasi yung garter as you add the tulle. So yun. I cut the garter and sew the ends together. Or kung gusto nyo mas madali, you can just use an elastic headband, just like the one I used for the blue tutu. Saktong sakto lang yung size. ;)

Second, measure the length of how long you want it to be, double it then add 1 inch kasi i-lu-loop nyo yan sa  garter.

Third, cut the tulle to 2.5-inch strips. The wider the strips are, the fluffier it will be. You can make the cutting part easier by rolling the tulle tapos tancha-tancha na lang sa width. Hehe. Yun ginawa ko, di naman halata na hindi masyadong pantay-pantay yung mga strips ko. :P

And oh, by the way, you can cut the ends of the strip to make it pinty or rounded, depending on how you want it to look. Sakin di ko na kinut. So square ends ang labas nya...

So here it is after I cut it into strips...
Bea messing with the tulle. Sige, kalkal lang ang Bulilit! :P
I segregated it para madali kumuha...
 Fourth, tie the strips to the waistband using cow hitch knot. Decide on how you want the colors to alternate.  Sakin, 2 blue, 2 green, tapos 2 lavender. Tip: to make your life easier, place the waistband to a jar para kabit na lang kayo ng kabit nung strips...

Me goofing with the almost finished tutu. Pwede din pala 'tong afro... :P
 It took me 3 days to finished it kasi may makulit na bata eh, but you can make it in a day pag tyinaga nyo.


Here's the finished product:
My labor of love :)
The top is just a plain onesie I bought for P75. I just sew flower tulles on it para lang mag-match...


Mukhang na-appreciate naman nya noh? *bigsmile*

No comments:

Post a Comment