Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Fat Me

Nowadays, I often hear people say these comments to me:

"Gen, ang taba mo na..." (with matching kurot pa sa bilbil)

"Nananaba ka ah... Hiyang ah..."

"Grabe nilaki mo ah..."

And then they will give me a look as if they're saying WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? GO ON A DIET!!!
or worse, YUCK, TABACHOY! on their minds...

Rewind... This is me before:

As you can see, I was so skinny then. Payatot kung payatot talaga. Pwedeng tangayin ng hangin. I can eat like a pig and still don't gain weight. I don't know why...

That was before I enter mommyhood. This is me now:

Hell yeah, I gained weight. I don't fit into my old jeans anymore. I have bilbil and flabby arms. But you know what? I DON'T CARE! :)

Frustration ko kasi tumaba dati. Ika nga nila, kung anung wala sa'yo, yun ang hinahanap mo. Diba nga I was so skinny, and no matter what I do, wa epek pa din. I even remember drinking fresh milk for weeks just to gain weight. That was hard for me kasi masuka-suka lang naman ako sa lasa ng gatas. (in the end, wala din nangyari) Tiniis ko talaga 'yon kasi nga gusto kong magpataba. 

So now, kahit na sabihan akong mataba, keber lang. 
I'm happy, I'm contented. I'm loving my body now. Pangarap ko'to! :)

As for those people giving those comments, eto lang ang masasabi ko: "Mind your own business!" Pak! 

Wow! Big deal? Big deal?!?
Anung gusto nyo? Maglaslas ako dahil lang tumaba ako, pwede ba??? It's not the end of the world for me kung tumaba ako. ANSAVEH?!? 
Me, going on a diet? Forget it! Wala akong balak magpakagutom. I looove eating. Sa lakas dumedede ni Bea, lagi akong gutom. Pag nag-diet ako, baka mag-faint nalang ako bigla. WIZ KO BET!

For me, it's a matter of accepting how things are meant to be. Confidence lang ang katapat nyan. Hindi po kabawasan sa pagkatao ang pagtaba.

Ahyun lh4ng powhz... (Langya, nagjejemon pa! :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment