Monday, December 3, 2012

How To Feed A Picky Eater

As you all know, Bea is a picky eater. So here I am again, trying a few tricks on how to feed her.

1. Be a good role model.

I want to raise her a healthy eater so eto ako ngayon, napipilitan kumain ng gulay. I hate vegetables kasi but, I have to be a good role model for her. Syempre ang mga bata ay gaya-gaya, kaya naisip ko kung kakain ako ng gulay, kakain din sya. 
Broccoli in Oyster sauce
That's my plate. I use a divider plate because I don't like my rice to be mixed with something. Hehe. And then there should always be chili garlic sauce. I don't mind eating vegetables as long as it's spicy. Ganyan din pagkain ni Bea minus the chili of course.

2. "Endorse" the food

Yes, be like a celebrity endorser. Act like in commercials. Saying "hmmmm" and "yum yum" as you eat kahit hindi naman masarap. Haha! Malay mo maintriga ang bagets sa kinakain mo kasi mukhang masarap at i-try din nya. ;)

3. Do the "Here comes the plane!"

I remember my Lola and Mama doing this when we were kids. They would move the spoon like an aiplane landing to into mouths. May sounds pa yan na "Zoooommmm" or "Brrooommmm" as we open our mouths. Make mealtime fun.

4. Make her try the food.

Sometimes, kids would immediately turn up their nose with food they are not familiar with. But, make them try it first before they can say "no."

I had to wrestle Bea first kasi ayaw nya talagang isubo yung brocolli! Nakaka-frustrate. Pero nung naka-shoot ako ng isang piece ng brocolli sa bibig nya, kinain naman nya. After that, kumain ulit sya ng isa pa. Gusto naman pala.

Yun lang after ilang piece, she spitted it out. Nagbago isip. Grrr...

5. Say "Ahhhh"

Make her say "aahhh" so she would open her mouth. Tapos sabay subo. Para-paraan lang yan.

Kala ko uubra 'to kay Bulilit pero ito ang sagot nya:
Deadma to the World!
 6. If all else fails, try again next time.

This could be the hardest part of all but it's really important that you respect your child when she says she isn't hungry. It will do no good for you or your child to force food. Learn to let go. There's always next time pa naman. Magugutom at magugutom din yan.

Luz Valdez ang mga strategy ko. It's frustrating. But what can I do. I can't tie her up in a chair naman just to make her eat. So yun, hinayaan ko na lang. Nagugutom naman sya kaya lang ayaw nya talaga kumain ng hinanda ko. Kainis. Haha! Pero nung nilabas ko yung yogurt nya, aba, nabuhayan! Inaabot pilit! Ayun, I sliced fresh fruits na lang to mix with it para naman magkalaman yung tiyan nya. 
Yogurt = Yum Yum Yum :)
Maarte talaga 'tong batang ito. Namimili ng pagkain. Nakakaloka talaga. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment